Monday, August 22, 2011

Granny Square Crochet Along

Recently I have been thinking about what kind of blanket I want to make for this new baby. I have never made a granny square blanket, and really wanted to try my hand at it. It would allow me to use my stash yarn (which I need to start using up), and make something cute for my little bundle a-coming.

How happy was I when I saw this on one of my favorite blogs? Inner Hooker is one of my favorite pattern designers and she is hosting a crochet along with what else? Granny squares! Perfect timing, huh? She is asking everyone to vote on which pattern they like best. Personally, I like the hexagons. What do you think?

Source
Source
Source
Anyone want to do this with me? Mine will probably be a smaller version than the blanket Inner Hooker comes up with because it's for a baby, but it will keep me focused to be working with others!  Now to decide on what colors to do!


Photobucket
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Oooh! fun! I love the hexagons, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm yes please...but I might just be selfish and make the last one for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hexagons. I will be starting to make two single bed hexagon blankets for my toddlers in about a months time, would love to join you then if it's not too late

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, want to join too! I love 1 and 2 . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! happy you are joining in! Congrats on your pregnancy! I have been awful at keeping up with my blogs (I do follow you :) ) since I had my baby last November! I am following you on fb now so I'll know what's new in your world :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails